Two weeks after beta 1 we bring you the first bugfix release: beta 2. Next to the usual metric ton of minor fixes and cleanups, here are the changes worth mentioning:
BootMii beta 2 (v0.9):
- SD card performance has been improved, decreasing the boot and the NAND backup / restore time
- backupmii accepts fragmented SD cards now, reformatting is not performed anymore. Old NAND dumps are still compatible.
- Introduced the INI variable “BOOTDELAY” to set the timeout for the auto boot feature
The Homebrew Channel v1.0.3:
- SDHC cards are working again
- SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
- HBC works on all system menu versions now
- Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
- Switched back to IOS < 37. While the SDHC problem for apps using DVDX has been fixed in libogc, there were also problems with USB keyboards under higher IOS versions
- Installer now works on newer Wiis with boot2v4 (instead of rebooting at “Press 1”)
- Fixed reading of boot1/2 on Wiis with bad ECC data in that area
- BootMii as boot2 and IOS can now be uninstalled
Grab the new installer here. Don’t forget to read the README before running the installer.
Please link to this post instead of mirroring the binary, thanks.