HackMii

Notes from inside your Wii

HackMii header image 4

Entries from June 2008

Wii menu TP-hack-killer analysis

June 17th, 2008 · 172 Comments

Okay, I’ve spent a little bit of time trying to reconstruct the C code used to build the channel from my disassembler.  The full IDA Pro output for those funcs is here: http://static.hackmii.com/verifyzelda.html.  Below, you’ll find my C version.  I’ve tried to make it function exactly like the one in the new system menu.  Hopefully [...]

[Read more →]

Tags: Wii

wiimpersonator

June 17th, 2008 · 7 Comments

I’ve had a few people ask about this — the way that I found out what titles had been updated was using Marcan’s nifty tool, wiimpersonator: http://wii.marcansoft.com/wiimpersonator/reports/ It’s a collection of Python scripts that attempt to emulate an actual Wii’s update check process, and then generates reports to show what changed, eg. 20080617-030018.log and 20080617-040048.log. It’s pretty neat; [...]

[Read more →]

Tags: Wii

June 16 Wii update

June 16th, 2008 · 216 Comments

Breaking news (har har har)!  Check back for updates. Several pieces of Nintendo system software have been updated: ====== Titles Changed ====== SystemMenu Title ID: 00000001-00000002 Version: 0x 161 Size: 23511040 Contents: 9 (of which 6 are shared) IOS30 Title ID: 00000001-0000001e Version: 0x a10 Size: 1933312 Contents: 15 (of which 14 are shared) IOS31 [...]

[Read more →]

Tags: Wii